View south to An Teallach, Wester Ross by Gordon C. Harrison
What is GALE?
GALE, or Gairloch and Loch Ewe Action forum, is a community owned and managed charitable development company. Its key aim is to develop and improve the way of life and standard of living in the Gairloch and Loch Ewe area. This involves working with a range of community groups and volunteers to develop sustainable community projects that tackle important issues within our community, such as improving the social life, the local economy and the environment.
What does it do?
GALE carries out a range of community projects and if ou live in or have visited the Gairloch and Loch Ewe area you are bound to have benefited from some of them. They include such things as
- Providing office facilities such as copying, faxing and internet access at our office in Poolewe
- Organising an annual horticultural and craft show in Gairloch
- Providing year round public toilet facilities in Poolewe and Aultbea
- Holding a weekly craft and produce market in Poolewe
- Providing a comprehensive tourist informatin centre and well stocked gift shop in Gairloch
- Offering local people a low cost advertising service for their businesses on this website and through our tourist guides and noticeboard
To find out more about our projects pick up a copy of our annual report either from our Poolewe office or request online.
Who pays for it?
GALE is managed by a group of enthusiastic volunteers who support our team of paid staff and give their time freely. We make a small charge for most of our services but rely heavily on voluntary donations and fundraising activitie to make up the shortfall. We also have a small shop at Gairloch Tourist Information Centre where all our products are sold in aid of GALE work.
How can I help?
There are many ways in which you can help GALE . Here are some ideas to get you thinking
- Join our team of volunteers. We have lots of interesting and rewarding volunteering opportunities from practical, hands on support to sitting on our Board of Directors. To find out more request our leaflet Volunteering Opportunities at GALE
- Shop at our gift shop at the Tourist Office in Gairloch or online at this website
- Make an donation. As a registered charity we can claim an extra 28p from the Inland Revenuefor every £1 you donate
- Tell a friend about us. Encouraging others to make use of our services will help secure their continuation. From visiting Poolewe Market to entering the Gairloch Show it all helps to support our work
- Become a member. Demonstrate your support by becoming a member. In return you will be kept up to date with our activities andwill have a say in what we do
How can I find out more?
Contact us at:
GALE, Poolewe Village Hall, Poolewe, Achnasheen, Ross-shire, IV22 2LD
E-mail: gal.ltd@virgin . net or [email protected]